By Georgianna Donadio, MSc, DC, PhD- Maintaining a healthy immune system is simple. Yet in our enormously complex and hurried environment it becomes complicated to live a simple life and stay healthy. This is an important perspective to wrap ourselves around. Especially regarding our lifestyle choices and how we take care of our health. Which is, in the main, our immune system.
Brief Guide: Healthy Immune System
The National Institute of Whole Health offers this short guide to immune hygiene. To maintain good health and avoid disease, follow these steps.
- Remember that everything that goes into your body impacts your immune function and immune health.
- Eat more plant-based, living, nutritious food to support a healthy body.
- Your thoughts creates proteins that communicate those specific thoughts to your immune cell membranes, so be mindful of your thinking.
- Chronic stress and adrenal gland function suppress your bone marrow and immune system functions. Find more ways to relax more often.
- Laughter and joy strengthen immune function by increasing serotonin. Maintain good humor.
- Clean air and water are basic essentials to a healthy immune system.
- Compassion and caring increase Immunoglobulin-A, an immuno-protein. Be Kind.
- Exercise pumps 10,000 white blood cells through the lymph glands, cleansing and detoxifying the “little garbage cans” of the body. Be active for at least 20 minutes every day.
- Cleanliness and sanitation prevent immune assaults by micro-organisms. Wash your hands frequently.
- Loving and being loved increases positive immune responses and secretions. Nurture supportive relationships.
- Purposeful living reduces stress and balances the nervous system. Find your purpose.
- Eliminating debt enhances longevity through immune system integrity. Use smart budgeting practices.
- Remember that everything is connected to everything else in your life – especially your immune function. So be kind to your body .
Common Sense And Staying Healthy
Follow these simple, intuitive and common sense guidelines. Preserve and protect the system that protects you. This a great way to stay healthy in any environment.
You may also enjoy this article on Digestion and The Incredible Ways It Affects Your Whole Health!
Explore our Whole Health Training Programs.